Hello. I'm new to embroidery. I just purchased the Brother 270D. I have the Amazing Box 2, and some designs I've downloaded from the internet. I'm fine with the designs and understand how they work and how to get them to the machine.
I get confused when it comes to fonts. I see fonts that you buy for $10-15. I see free fonts. However, it looks like the files are individual for each letter. How/What do I need to type words and transfer it as a pattern to my machine.
For instance, if I want to type "Happy Birthday" is there a program that will allow me to load fonts that I've purchased or downloaded for free that will stitch it and allow me to send the words "Happy Birthday" to the machine. I'm really not interested in getting into digitizing. I just want something basic that will let me type and embroider random words. I looked at Embroidery Fonts Plus, but it looks like you are limited to their fonts. Would Embroidery Magic I work or am I limited to their fonts as well?
ANY help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
You would have to send individuall letter fonts in two ways.
1) You would need a simple program that would allow you to combine the designs into the words happybirthdayy and then you could save it as a new design and then send it to the machine.
2) You would have to send the design to the machine individually and then hope you line up the fabric each time in the hoop in the correct position.
Embird basic is a program that will do that and allow you some minor modifications to a design but it is priced at $144.
You can download a demo of it and see if it will do what you want it to do here: http://embird.com/sw/embird/features.htm
There was a issue with it if you were running Windows Vista, not sure if they have fixed that issue.
I would suggest finding a Yahoo group for your machine and see if anyone else there has any other suggestions for programs they might be using to combine designs without a big expense to you
Incoming search terms:
- do i have to purchase software to embroider digital embroidery fonts?
- embroidery fonts plus tutorial
- send it embroidery
- buying embroidery fonts plus
- free embroidery machine instructions on how to combine designs with words
- what program allows you to make words from fonts for you embroidery machine
Most people are familiar with stitches that are used in embroidery. The embroidery craft stitches are the easiest and the more common stitches. The stitches used are thought of by the experts in embroidery as one of the smallest things that is related to this craft. The patterns used in embroidery being made by repeating them or changing them.
The stitches used in embroidery are completed in two ways. The first types of stitches are the hand sewing method and the other is known as the stab method.
For more information on embroidery stitches click here
Incoming search terms:
- embroidery stitch types hand sewing